Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Форум поддержки пользователей Total Commander
Сайты: Все о Total Commander | Totalcmd.net | Ghisler.com | RU.TCKB

RulesRules   SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single Post  Topic: [wlx/wdx/wcx] TCTorrent 
Dalai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't found any other way to contact the author of the TCTorrent plugin, and I don't understand Russian, I'm posting my bug report in English here.

TCTorrent version 2.1.0 (and later) causes high CPU usage, full load on one CPU core, under the following conditions:

1. Under Options > Main settings > "Expand extra info" and/or "Expand folders" is enabled - the latter is enabled by default.
  2. A .torrent file with subfolders or a large chunk of extra info is displayed
  3. TC Lister window is large enough and/or its position was saved via its options menu.
The issue also occurs when "Expand extra info" is disabled while displaying a .torrent file with a large amount of "Custom fields" and expanding that manually. The same applies to manually expanding a folder when "Expand folders" is disabled.

When disabling "Expand extra info" and "Expand folders" options the issue goes away - unless expanding folders and/or custom fields manually, see above. When viewing a .torrent file without subfolders the issue is not there either.

Version 2.0.2 doesn't have this issue at all.

I can reproduce this issue with the plugin's default settings on WinXP, Win7 and 8.1, regardless of TC version or bitness. Although I haven't tested on Win10 I doubt it's any different there.

I hope my description is accurate enough for the author to pinpoint the cause and fix the issue.

Regards
Dalai